|Article 1||General Provisions||33-1701 – 33-1706|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 33 > Chapter 15 - Self-Service Storage
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Default: means the failure to perform on time any obligation or duty set forth in the rental agreement. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Department: means the Arizona game and fish department in the case of motorized watercraft and the department of transportation in the case of all other vehicles. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Electronic mail: means an electronic message or an executable program or computer file that contains an image of a message that is transmitted between two or more computers or electronic terminals and includes electronic messages that are transmitted within or between computer networks from which a confirmation of receipt is received. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Last known address: means that postal address or electronic address provided by the occupant in the rental agreement or the postal address or electronic address provided by the occupant in a subsequent written notice of a change of address. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Late fee: means a reasonable fee or charge that is assessed by the operator for the failure of the occupant to pay rent when due pursuant to section 33-1703, subsection D. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Leased space: means the storage space or spaces at the self-service storage facility that are rented to an occupant pursuant to a rental agreement. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Net proceeds: means the total proceeds received from the lien sale minus the total amount of the lien. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Occupant: means a person or the person's sublessee, successor or assign that is entitled to the use of the leased space at a self-service storage facility under a rental agreement, to the exclusion of others. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Operator: means the owner, operator, lessor or sublessor of a self-service storage facility, an agent or any other person authorized to manage the facility. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Personal property: means movable property that is not affixed to land and includes goods, wares, merchandise, household items and furnishings and vehicles. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Protected property: means personal property for which the sale or disposal is regulated by state or federal law and that is one of the following:
(a) Documents, files or electronic data that contains personal information relating to clients, customers, patients or others in connection with the occupant's business. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Registered owner: means an owner of a vehicle as stated in the official records of the department. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Rental agreement: means any written agreement provided to the occupant that establishes or modifies the terms, conditions or rules concerning the use and occupancy of leased space at a self-service storage facility. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Self-service storage facility: means any real property used for renting or leasing storage spaces in which the occupants themselves customarily store and remove their own personal property on a self-service basis. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Vehicle: means a motor vehicle, a trailer or a semitrailer as defined in section 28-101 and a motorized watercraft as defined in section 5-301. See Arizona Laws 33-1701
- Verified mail: means any method of mailing that is offered by the United States postal service and that provides evidence of mailing. See Arizona Laws 33-1701