|Article 1||State Buildings||34-401|
|Article 3||Energy Conservation and Solar Design Standards||34-451 – 34-456|
|Article 4||Building Codes||34-461 – 34-462|
|Article 5||Lighting Standards for State||34-471 – 34-472|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 34 > Chapter 4 - Structure of Buildings
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- Construction services: means either of the following for construction-manager-at-risk, design-build and job-order-contracting project delivery methods:
(a) Construction, excluding services, through the construction-manager-at-risk or job-order-contracting project delivery methods. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Contractor: means any person who has a contract with an agent. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Population: means the population according to the most recent United States decennial census. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- User fees: Fees charged to users of goods or services provided by the government. In levying or authorizing these fees, the legislature determines whether the revenue should go into the treasury or should be available to the agency providing the goods or services.