|Article 1||Carey Land Acts||37-701 – 37-710|
|Article 2||Taylor Grazing Act||37-721 – 37-726|
|Article 3||Federal Mineral, Oil and Gas Lease Act||37-741|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 37 > Chapter 3
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Bylaws: means the code of rules adopted for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which those rules are designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Commissioner: means the state land commissioner. See Arizona Laws 37-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: includes any domestic or foreign predecessor entity of a corporation in a merger or other transaction in which the predecessor's existence ceased on consummation of the transaction. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- Court: means the superior court of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Department: means the state land department. See Arizona Laws 37-101
- Director: means an individual who is or was a director of a corporation or an individual who, while a director of a corporation, is or was serving at the corporation's request as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or agent of another foreign or domestic corporation, partnership, joint venture, trust, employee benefit plan or other entity. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Expenses: includes attorney fees and all other costs and expenses reasonably related to a proceeding. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Improvements: means anything permanent in character which is the result of labor or capital expended by the lessee or his predecessors in interest on state land in its reclamation or development, and the appropriation of water thereon, and which has enhanced the value of the land. See Arizona Laws 37-101
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Individual: includes the estate of an incompetent or deceased individual. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Liability: means the obligation to pay a judgment, settlement, penalty or fine, including an excise tax assessed with respect to an employee benefit plan, or reasonable expenses incurred with respect to a proceeding and includes obligations and expenses that have not yet been paid by the indemnified person but that have been or may be incurred. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- Officer: means an individual who is or was an officer of a corporation or an individual who, while an officer of a corporation, is or was serving at the corporation's request as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or agent of another foreign or domestic corporation, partnership, joint venture, trust, employee benefit plan or other entity. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- Party: includes an individual who was, is or is threatened to be made a named defendant or respondent in a proceeding. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- Proceeding: means any threatened, pending or completed action, suit or proceeding, whether civil, criminal, administrative or investigative and whether formal or informal. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Shareholder: means the person in whose name shares are registered in the records of a corporation or the beneficial owner of shares to the extent of the rights granted by a nominee certificate on file with a corporation. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- State lands: means any land owned or held in trust, or otherwise, by the state, including leased school or university land. See Arizona Laws 37-101
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140