|Article 1||General Provisions||44-6551 – 44-6561|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 44 > Chapter 19
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Affected county: means each existing county affected by a proposed formation of new counties. See Arizona Laws 11-131
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Assessed valuation: means the net assessed valuation used for purposes of levying primary property taxes for the tax year immediately preceding the filing of the petition for the formation of counties. See Arizona Laws 11-131
- Charitable organization: means either of the following:
(a) A person determined by the internal revenue service to be a tax exempt organization pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code. See Arizona Laws 44-6551
- Commission: means the county formation commission established pursuant to section 11-136. See Arizona Laws 11-131
- Contracted fund raiser: means a person who for profit either solicits directly or employs, procures or engages another person to solicit for a charitable organization. See Arizona Laws 44-6551
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Independent solicitor: means a person who for profit engages to solicit on behalf of a charitable organization or on behalf of a contracted fund raiser. See Arizona Laws 44-6551
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: means an individual, corporation, partnership, association, joint stock company or trust, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency or any other unincorporated organization. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- Population: means the population according to the most recent United States decennial census. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Privately owned land: includes all lands other than federal, Indian, state, county, municipal and other governmental lands which are exempt from taxation under article IX, section 2, Constitution of Arizona. See Arizona Laws 11-131
- Proposed county: means a county proposed by petition pursuant to section 11-133 to be formed from an affected county or counties but before an election on formation is held pursuant to section 11-137. See Arizona Laws 11-131
- solicitation: means a request of any kind for a contribution or a request for the purchase of goods, tickets or services for a charitable purpose. See Arizona Laws 44-6551
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215