Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 49 > Chapter 4 > Article 7
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Administrator: means the administrator of the United States environmental protection agency. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- County: means :
(a) The board of supervisors in the context of the exercise of powers or duties. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Facility plan: means any design or operating plan for a solid waste facility or group of solid waste facilities. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Household hazardous waste: means solid waste as described in 40 Code of Federal Regulations section 261. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- On site: means the same or geographically contiguous property that may be divided by public or private right-of-way if the entrance and exit between the properties are at a crossroads intersection and access is by crossing the right-of-way and not by traveling along the right-of-way. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Person: means any public or private corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society of persons, the federal government and any of its departments or agencies, this state or any of its agencies, departments, political subdivisions, counties, towns or municipal corporations, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Solid waste facility: means a transfer facility and any site owned, operated or utilized by any person for the storage, processing, treatment or disposal of solid waste, conditionally exempt small quantity generator waste or household hazardous waste but does not include the following:
(a) A site at which less than one ton of solid waste that is not household waste, household hazardous waste, conditionally exempt small quantity generator waste, medical waste or special waste and that was generated on site is stored, processed, treated or disposed in compliance with section 49-762. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Storage: means the holding of solid waste. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Temporary restraining order: Prohibits a person from an action that is likely to cause irreparable harm. This differs from an injunction in that it may be granted immediately, without notice to the opposing party, and without a hearing. It is intended to last only until a hearing can be held.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215