(a) Except as provided in this section or Section 12503, amendments may be adopted if approved by the board and approved by the members before or after the approval by the board.
(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), the following amendments may be adopted by approval of the board alone:
Terms Used In California Corporations Code 12502
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Corporation: as used in this part means a corporation which is organized under, or subject to this part, including a central organization. See California Corporations Code 12232
- Directors: means natural persons, designated in the articles or bylaws or elected by the incorporators, and their successors and natural persons designated, elected, or appointed by any other name or title to act as members of the governing body of the corporation. See California Corporations Code 12233
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term appears unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 17486
(1) An amendment extending the corporate existence or making the corporate existence perpetual, if the corporation was organized prior to August 14, 1929.
(2) An amendment deleting the initial street address and initial mailing address of the corporation, the names and addresses of the first directors, or the name and address of the initial agent.
(3) Any amendment, at a time the corporation has no members.
(4) Any amendment authorized in the articles pursuant to subdivision (c) of Section 12313 fixing the rights, privileges, preferences, restrictions, and conditions attaching to any wholly unissued class of memberships.
(5) Any amendment authorized in the articles pursuant to subdivision (c) of Section 12313 fixing the designation, number of memberships and the rights, privileges, preferences, restrictions, and conditions attaching to any wholly unissued series of memberships, or an increase or decrease in the number of memberships of any series.
(c) Whenever the articles require for corporate action the approval of a particular class of members or of a larger proportion of, or all of, the votes of any class, or of a larger proportion of, or all of, the directors, than is otherwise required by this part, the provision in the articles requiring a greater vote shall not be altered, amended or repealed except by the class or the greater vote, unless otherwise provided in the articles.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 538, Sec. 9. (AB 1255) Effective January 1, 2014.)