|§ 200||Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, there shall be …|
|§ 201||Unless otherwise specifically provided, no person is eligible to be …|
|§ 202||Notwithstanding any other law, a person who is deployed on active …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Elections Code > Division 0.5 > Chapter 3 - Nominations
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Attorney-in-fact: A person who, acting as an agent, is given written authorization by another person to transact business for him (her) out of court.
- Classification: means that each position in the classified service shall have a designated title, a regular minimum number of assigned hours per day, days per week, and months per year, a specific statement of the duties required to be performed by the employees in each such position, and the regular monthly salary ranges for each such position. See California Education Code 88001
- Election: means any election including a primary that is provided for under this code. See California Elections Code 318
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- Respiratory care: includes "respiratory therapy" or "inhalation therapy" where those terms mean respiratory care. See California Business and Professions Code 3704
- Voter: means any elector who is registered under this code. See California Elections Code 359