(a) In an Indian child custody proceeding, the court shall apply Sections 224.2 to 224.6, inclusive, and Sections 305.5, 361.31, and 361.7 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, and the following rules from the California Rules of Court, as they read on January 1, 2007:
(1) Paragraph (7) of subdivision (b) of Rule 5.530.
Terms Used In California Family Code 177
- County: includes city and county. See California Family Code 67
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
- Proceeding: includes an action. See California Family Code 110
(2) Subdivision (i) of Rule 5.534.
(b) In the provisions cited in subdivision (a), references to social workers, probation officers, county welfare department, or probation department shall be construed as meaning the party seeking a foster care placement, guardianship, or adoption under this code.
(c) This section shall only apply to proceedings involving an Indian child.
(Amended by Stats. 2007, Ch. 130, Sec. 85. Effective January 1, 2008.)