|§ 6500||A minor is an individual who is under 18 years of age. The period of …|
|§ 6501||An adult is an individual who is 18 years of age or older.|
|§ 6502||(a) The use of or reference to the words “age of majority,” “age …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Family Code > Division 11 > Part 1
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Bureau: means the Cemetery and Funeral Bureau. See California Business and Professions Code 7601
- City: means any city or city and county. See California Government Code 51075
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Landowner: includes a lessee or trustee, if the expiration of the lease or trust occurs at a time later than the expiration of the open-space restriction or any extension thereof. See California Government Code 51075
- Licensee: means any person authorized by a license, certificate, registration, or other means to engage in a business or profession regulated by this code or referred to in Sections 1000 and 3600. See California Business and Professions Code 23.8
- Nonprofit organization: means any organization qualifying under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code in the preceding tax year, and which includes the preservation of open space as a stated purpose in its articles of incorporation. See California Government Code 51075
- Open-space easement: means any right or interest in perpetuity or for a term of years in open-space land acquired by a county, city, or nonprofit organization pursuant to this chapter where the deed or other instrument granting such right or interest imposes restrictions which, through limitation of future use, will effectively preserve for public use or enjoyment the natural or scenic character of such open-space land. See California Government Code 51075
- Open-space land: means any parcel or area of land or water which is essentially unimproved and devoted to an open-space use as defined in Section 65560 of the Government Code. See California Government Code 51075
- order: include a decree, as appropriate under the circumstances. See California Family Code 100
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a commonwealth, territory, or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See California Family Code 145
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Food and Agricultural Code 49