|§ 6500||A minor is an individual who is under 18 years of age. The period of …|
|§ 6501||An adult is an individual who is 18 years of age or older.|
|§ 6502||(a) The use of or reference to the words “age of majority,” “age …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Family Code > Division 11 > Part 1
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Board: means the board of supervisors of a county or city and county, whether general law or chartered, which establishes or proposes to establish a timberland production zone pursuant to this chapter. See California Government Code 51104
- Bureau: means the Cemetery and Funeral Bureau. See California Government Code 51073
- city: means the county or city having jurisdiction over the land. See California Government Code 51104
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 17321
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- order: include a decree, as appropriate under the circumstances. See California Government Code 50972
- Parcel: means that portion of an assessor's parcel that is timberland, as defined. See California Government Code 51104
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a commonwealth, territory, or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See California Government Code 51073
- Tax rate area: means a geographical area in which there is a unique combination of tax levies. See California Government Code 51104
- Timberland: means privately owned land, or land acquired for state forest purposes, which is devoted to and used for growing and harvesting timber, or for growing and harvesting timber and compatible uses, and which is capable of growing an average annual volume of wood fiber of at least 15 cubic feet per acre. See California Government Code 51104