(a) There is hereby created a California Fiscal Advisory Board consisting of the following members, or their representatives:
(1) Chairman of the committee in each house which considers appropriations.
(2) Chairman of the Joint Legislative Budget Committee.
(3) Chairman of the Joint Legislative Audit Committee.
(4) State Treasurer.
(5) State Controller.
(6) Director of Finance, who shall serve as chairman of the board.
(b) The board shall monitor and advise the legislative and executive branches regarding the implementation of this chapter. The board shall also make recommendations as to any further legislation that may be necessary in order to further the objectives of this chapter.
(c) In addition thereto, the advisory board shall review the budgeting and accounting process for the purpose of improving the preparation, legislative review and execution of the budget considering, but not limited to, the following subjects:
(1) The budget cycle.
(2) Adequate time for legislative review.
(3) Increased public participation.
(4) The basis of accounting revenues, expenditures, payables, and encumbrances.
The advisory board shall make a preliminary report of its recommendations by March 1, 1981, and a final report prior to the time subdivision (a) of Section 13338 is implemented.
This section shall remain in effect only until the time the provisions of Section 13300 become applicable to those state entities specified in subdivision (d) of Section 13300, and as of that date is repealed, unless a later enacted statute, which is chaptered before that date, deletes or extends the date.
(Amended by Stats. 1984, Ch. 1286, Sec. 13. Repealed as of date prescribed by its own provisions.)