The board shall lease-purchase to the Regents of the University of California and lease or lease-purchase to the Trustees of the California State University, the Board of Governors of the California Maritime Academy, and to the California Community College districts, upon approval of the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges, pursuant to Section 81800 and following sections of the Education Code, any public building or facility constructed or renovated and equipped pursuant to this chapter, the term and the amount to be determined by mutual agreement of the parties. The lease-purchase agreement or the lease shall provide that the public building or facility shall be utilized only for educational and research purposes related to fields of high technology, set forth in this chapter. The board shall contract with the lessee for all activities required to plan, construct, renovate, and equip these facilities.
(Added by Stats. 1983, Ch. 1268, Sec. 1.)
Terms Used In California Government Code 15820.7
- Board: means the State Public Works Board. See California Government Code 19243.2
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Public building: includes any structure, building, facility, or work that a state agency has jurisdiction of, or is authorized to design or construct, including, but not limited to, infrastructure, parking lots, landscaping, and other ancillary facilities, including furnishings and equipment, incidental to the use of any building, and also includes the site thereof, and any easements or rights of way appurtenant thereto or necessary for its full use. See California Government Code 19243.2
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427