Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 1 > Division 9
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- assessed value: means 25 percent of full value to, and including, the 1980-81 fiscal year, and 100 percent of full value for the 1981-82 fiscal year and fiscal years thereafter. See California Education Code 19460.5
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- Commissioner: means any county agricultural commissioner. See California Education Code 19957.5
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19958
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- fictitious business name: means :
California Government Code 53398.14
- general partner: means :
California Government Code 53398.15
- person: includes individuals, limited liability companies, partnerships and other associations, and corporations. See California Government Code 53398.17
- Person: means any individual, partnership, association, corporation, limited liability company, or any organized group of persons whether incorporated or not. See California Education Code 19963
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Education Code 19426
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Process: includes a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings of either a civil or criminal nature. See California Education Code 19431
- registrant: means a person or entity who is filing or has filed a fictitious business name statement, and who is the legal owner of the business. See California Government Code 53398.18
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19970
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19404
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- User fees: Fees charged to users of goods or services provided by the government. In levying or authorizing these fees, the legislature determines whether the revenue should go into the treasury or should be available to the agency providing the goods or services.
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.