Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 2 > Division 1 > Chapter 12.4
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Education Code 24943
- Director: means "State Director of Health Services. See California Education Code 24944
- Disaster: means a devastating earthquake or other conditions specified in subdivisions (b) and (c) of Section 8558. See California Health and Safety Code 44080
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Reconstruction: means the renovation, replacement, or rebuilding of damaged or destroyed facilities which will enable this recovery to occur. See California Health and Safety Code 44080
- Recovery: means the overall short-term and long-term restoration of social, economic, and institutional activity to levels comparable to those which existed prior to the disaster. See California Health and Safety Code 44080