(a) The state board shall appoint an advisory committee to assist it in carrying out its responsibilities pursuant to this article. The advisory committee shall review all proposed regulations and make recommendations to the state board before the adoption of a regulation or an amendment to a regulation.
(b) The advisory committee shall consist of the following members:
(1) Two persons from a statewide organization representing medium to large water systems.
(2) Two persons from a statewide organization representing small water systems.
(3) One person from a local primacy agency.
(4) One person who is employed as an operator at a water recycling treatment plant.
(5) One person from an educational institution’s school or division of engineering.
(6) One person who is a member of an organized labor union that represents water treatment operators and water distribution operators.
(7) One person who is employed by an educational institution, professional association, public agency, or private agency to provide water treatment or water distribution courses of instruction.
(8) One person who is a professional engineer specializing in sanitary engineering.
(Added by Stats. 2016, Ch. 305, Sec. 14. (AB 2890) Effective January 1, 2017.)