Terms Used In California Codes > Penal Code > Part 3 > Title 8.7
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- legislative body: means board of trustees, city council, or other governing body of a city. See California Government Code 16367.71
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See California Education Code 1012
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Education Code 19426
- Weeds: as used in this article , includes any of the following:
California Government Code 39561.5