Terms Used In California Codes > Penal Code > Part 4 > Title 4.5
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Concurrent resolution: A legislative measure, designated "S. Con. Res." and numbered consecutively upon introduction, generally employed to address the sentiments of both chambers, to deal with issues or matters affecting both houses, such as a concurrent budget resolution, or to create a temporary joint committee. Concurrent resolutions are not submitted to the President/Governor and thus do not have the force of law.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- peace officer: signify any one of the officers mentioned in Chapter 4. See California Penal Code 7
- spouse: includes a registered domestic partner, as required by Section 297. See California Civil Code 14
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the district and territories. See California Penal Code 7
- state agency: includes every state office, officer, department, division, bureau, board, and commission. See California Government Code 11000
- will: includes codicil. See California Penal Code 7