Terms Used In California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 34 > Part 4.4 - California Climate Change Assessment
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- improvements: means any or all of the following property acquired, constructed or installed by a local agency with funds derived from special assessments under the Improvement Act of 1911 (Division 7 (commencing at Section 5000), Streets and Highways Code) or any other law:
California Government Code 50550
- Legislative body: as used in this division , means board of supervisors in the case of a county or city and county, and city council or board of trustees in the case of a city, unless the context otherwise requires. See California Government Code 50002
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Local agency: as used in this division means county, city, or city and county, unless the context otherwise requires. See California Government Code 50001
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.