|§ 8750||Unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions …|
|§ 8751||Notwithstanding any other provision of law, this division shall be …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 7.8 > Chapter 1 - General Provisions
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Government Code 20
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Government Code 19
- County: includes "city and county. See California Public Resources Code 14
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.