|§ 466g-1||Controversies involving construction or application of interstate compacts and pollution of waters|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 33 > Chapter 9 > Subchapter VI - Water Pollution Control
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.