|Article 1||Short Title|
|Article 2||Declaration of Policy|
|Article 3||Action by the Department of Water Resources|
Terms Used In California Codes > Water Code > Division 1 > Chapter 6 - Water Reuse
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- County: includes city and county. See California Water Code 14
- County: includes "city and county. See California Public Resources Code 14
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- land: includes city and town lots and excepts improvements. See California Water Code 25500
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- natural resources: includes land, water, air, minerals, vegetation, wildlife, historical or aesthetic sites, or any other natural resource which, irrespective of ownership, contributes to the health, safety, welfare, or enjoyment of a substantial number of persons, or to the substantial balance of an ecological community. See California Public Resources Code 3252
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Water Code 18