|Article 2||Procedure in Petitioning District|
|Article 3||Procedure in Annexing District|
|Article 4||Conditions to Annexation|
|Article 5||Effect of Annexation Upon Petitioning District|
|Article 6||Filing of Certificate|
Terms Used In California Codes > Water Code > Division 21 > Part 10 > Chapter 3
- Access: means a personal inspection and review of a record or an accurate copy of a record, or receipt of an accurate copy of a record, an oral description or communication of a record or an accurate copy of a record, and a request to release a copy of any record. See California Education Code 49061
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Annexing district: means a water conservation district which has been petitioned by a petitioning district to be annexed thereto. See California Water Code 75940
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- City: includes city and county and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 5092
- Commission: means the Public Utilities Commission created by Section 1 of Article XII of the California Constitution, and "commissioner" means a member of the commission. See California Education Code 5093
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 5091
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 14004.5
- Directory information: means one or more of the following items: pupil's name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received, and the most recent previous public or private school attended by the pupil. See California Education Code 49061
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Parent: means a natural parent, an adopted parent, or legal guardian. See California Education Code 49061
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Education Code 14022.3
- Petitioning district: means a water conservation district which proposes to petition or which has petitioned another water conservation district to annex its territory to that other water conservation district. See California Water Code 75940
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Pupil record: means any item of information directly related to an identifiable pupil, other than directory information, that is maintained by a school district or required to be maintained by an employee in the performance of his or her duties whether recorded by handwriting, print, tapes, film, microfilm, or other means. See California Education Code 49061
- School district: means any school district maintaining any kindergarten or any of grades 1 to 12, inclusive, any public school providing instruction in any kindergarten or any of grades 1 to 12, inclusive, the office of the county superintendent of schools, or any special school operated by the department. See California Education Code 49061
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 5090
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 14022
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 5028
- United States: means the United States of America, and in relation to any particular matter includes the officers, agents, employees, agencies, or instrumentalities authorized to act in relation thereto. See California Education Code 14022.5