|Article 1||General Provisions|
|Article 2||The San Joaquin Valley Drainage Relief Program|
Terms Used In California Codes > Water Code > Division 7 > Chapter 23 - The San Joaquin Valley Drainage Relief Act
- County: includes city and county. See California Water Code 14
- County: includes "city and county. See California Public Resources Code 14
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fund: means the San Joaquin Valley Drainage Relief Fund. See California Water Code 14902
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- plan: means the management plan for agricultural subsurface drainage and related problems as described in the final report of the San Joaquin Valley Drainage Program, dated September 1990, described in subdivision (a) of Section 14901. See California Water Code 14902
- Program: means the San Joaquin Valley Drainage Relief Program. See California Water Code 14902
- Retirement land: means the lands recommended for retirement in the management plan, other irrigated agricultural lands characterized by low productivity, poor drainability, and high levels of dissolved selenium in shallow groundwater, or lands that contribute to agricultural subsurface drainage problems. See California Water Code 14902
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Water Code 18
- State board: means the State Water Resources Control Board. See California Water Code 13050
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Water Code 10
- United States: means the United States of America, and in relation to any particular matter includes the officers, agents, employees, agencies, or instrumentalities authorized to act in relation thereto. See California Water Code 20