The following words, as used in this title and in all other statutes relating to the assessment and collection of taxes, except when otherwise indicated by the context, shall be defined as follows: “Commissioner” or “Commissioner of Revenue Services” means the Commissioner of Revenue Services or his authorized agent; “company” means any person, partnership, association, company, limited liability company or corporation, except an incorporated municipality; “person” means any individual, partnership, company, limited liability company, public or private corporation, society, association, trustee, executor, administrator or other fiduciary or custodian.
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 12-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.