The Commissioner of Revenue Services shall secure stamps or heat-applied decals, of such design and denomination as he prescribes, suitable to be affixed to packages of cigarettes as evidence of the payment of the tax imposed by this chapter. He shall sell such stamps or decals (a) to licensed distributors to be affixed to packages of cigarettes to be sold on or after September 1, 1971, at a discount of one per cent from their face value and (b) to licensed dealers at their face value. The commissioner may, in his discretion, permit a licensed distributor or licensed dealer to pay for such stamps or decals within thirty days after the date of purchase, provided a bond or other security satisfactory to the commissioner in an amount not less than the sale price of such stamps or decals shall have been filed with the commissioner conditioned upon payment for such stamps or decals. The bond or other security shall be in full force and effect for a period of three years and one month following the expiration of the license or such other period as the commissioner may determine, unless a certificate is issued by the commissioner to the effect that all taxes due the state have been paid. He shall keep accurate records of all stamps or decals sold to each distributor and dealer and shall pay over all receipts from the sale of stamps or decals to the State Treasurer daily as herein provided.
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 12-298
- Commissioner of Revenue Services: means the Commissioner of Revenue Services or his authorized agent. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-1
- Dealer: means any person other than a distributor who is engaged in this state in the business of selling cigarettes, including any person operating and servicing fewer than twenty-five cigarette vending machines, and any person who is engaged in the business of selling taxed tobacco products, as defined in section 12-330a, at retail. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-285
- Distributor: means (A) any person in this state engaged in the business of manufacturing cigarettes. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-285
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Licensed dealer: means a dealer licensed under the provisions of this chapter. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-285
- month: means a calendar month, and the word "year" means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Connecticut General Statutes 1-1
- sell: includes or applies to gifts, exchanges and barter. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-285