No distributor or dealer shall sell or transfer any stamps issued under the provisions of this chapter, provided the commissioner may, at his discretion, authorize distributors to sell stamps for the purposes of facilitating a tax increase program. The commissioner shall redeem any unused stamps presented by any licensed distributor or licensed dealer at a price equal to the amount paid for such stamps by such dealer or distributor. The commissioner shall, upon proof satisfactory to him and in accordance with regulations promulgated by him, redeem any stamp affixed to any package of cigarettes which has become unfit for use and consumption or unsalable.
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 12-300
- Dealer: means any person other than a distributor who is engaged in this state in the business of selling cigarettes, including any person operating and servicing fewer than twenty-five cigarette vending machines, and any person who is engaged in the business of selling taxed tobacco products, as defined in section 12-330a, at retail. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-285
- Distributor: means (A) any person in this state engaged in the business of manufacturing cigarettes. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-285
- Licensed dealer: means a dealer licensed under the provisions of this chapter. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-285
- sell: includes or applies to gifts, exchanges and barter. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-285
- Stamp: means any stamp authorized to be used under this chapter by the Commissioner of Revenue Services and includes heat-applied decals. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-285