When it is deemed necessary to cut or otherwise disconnect the wires or fixtures of any telephone, electric distribution company or other company or association hereinbefore referred to, or to remove such wires from the poles or fixtures to which they are attached, for the transportation of any object on the highway or upon any waterway, any person or corporation may do so, exercising reasonable care therein, after obtaining written consent of the municipality or other authority having control over such highway or waterway and the public service company or companies affected, which consent may be granted under such reasonable conditions as such municipality or other authority having such control and such company or companies may impose. If such consent cannot be secured, or if any of such conditions is not acceptable to the person or corporation seeking such consent, the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority shall, upon written application by such person or corporation and after notice to all parties affected, determine the necessity of such disconnection or removal and order the terms and conditions under which it shall be made.
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 16-238
- Authority: means the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority and "department" means the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. See Connecticut General Statutes 16-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- distribution company: means any person providing electric transmission or distribution services within the state, but does not include: (A) A private power producer, as defined in section 16-243b. See Connecticut General Statutes 16-1
- Person: means an individual, business, firm, corporation, association, joint stock association, trust, partnership or limited liability company. See Connecticut General Statutes 16-1
- Public service company: includes electric distribution, gas, telephone, pipeline, sewage, water and community antenna television companies and holders of a certificate of cable franchise authority, owning, leasing, maintaining, operating, managing or controlling plants or parts of plants or equipment, but shall not include towns, cities, boroughs, any municipal corporation or department thereof, whether separately incorporated or not, a private power producer, as defined in section 16-243b, or an exempt wholesale generator, as defined in 15 USC 79z-5a. See Connecticut General Statutes 16-1