(a) In order to form a limited partnership a certificate of limited partnership must be executed as provided in § 34-10a and the certificate shall set forth:
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 34-10
- Address: means location as described by the full street number, if any, street, city or town, state or country and not a mailing address such as a post office box. See Connecticut General Statutes 34-9
- Certificate of limited partnership: means the certificate referred to in §. See Connecticut General Statutes 34-9
- General partner: means a person who has been admitted to a limited partnership as a general partner in accordance with the partnership agreement and named in the certificate of limited partnership as a general partner. See Connecticut General Statutes 34-9
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: means a state, territory, or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See Connecticut General Statutes 34-9
(1) The name of the limited partnership and the address of the office required to be maintained by § 34-13b;
(2) The name and address of the agent for service of process required to be maintained by § 34-13b;
(3) The name and business address of each general partner;
(4) The latest date upon which the limited partnership is to dissolve;
(5) Any other matters the partners determine to include therein; and
(6) The electronic mail address, if any, of the limited partnership.
(b) A limited partnership is formed at the time of the filing of the certificate of limited partnership in the office of the Secretary of the State or at any later time specified in the certificate of limited partnership if, in either case, there has been substantial compliance with the requirements of this section.