As used in sections 36a-695 to 36a-699e, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 36a-695
- Person: means an individual, company, including a company described in subparagraphs (A) and (B) of subdivision (11) of this section, or any other legal entity, including a federal, state or municipal government or agency or any political subdivision thereof. See Connecticut General Statutes 36a-2
(1) “Consumer” means an individual seeking credit for personal, family or household purposes;
(2) “Creditor” means any person who extends credit in the ordinary course of business;
(3) “Credit report” means any written or oral report, recommendation or representation of a credit rating agency as to the credit worthiness, credit standing, or credit capacity of any consumer, and includes any information which is sought or given for the purpose of serving as the basis for determining eligibility for credit to be used primarily for personal, family or household purposes;
(4) “Credit rating agency” means any person whose business is the assembling and evaluating of information as to the credit standing and credit worthiness of a consumer, for the purposes of furnishing credit reports, for monetary fees and dues to third parties.