Connecticut General Statutes > Article 4 – Bank Deposits and Collections
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes > Article 4 - Bank Deposits and Collections
- Account: means any deposit or credit account with a bank, including a demand, time, savings, passbook, share draft, or like account, other than an account evidenced by a certificate of deposit. See Connecticut General Statutes 42a-4-104
- afternoon: means the period of a day between noon and midnight. See Connecticut General Statutes 42a-4-104
- another: may extend and be applied to communities, companies, corporations, public or private, limited liability companies, societies and associations. See Connecticut General Statutes 1-1
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- banking day: means the part of a day on which a bank is open to the public for carrying on substantially all of its banking functions, but for the purpose of determining a bank's midnight deadline, as defined in subdivision (10) of this subsection, shall not include Saturday. See Connecticut General Statutes 42a-4-104
- banks: shall include all incorporated banks. See Connecticut General Statutes 1-1
- certified check: shall be construed to include any bank treasurer's or cashier's check. See Connecticut General Statutes 1-1b
- clearinghouse: means an association of banks or other payors regularly clearing items. See Connecticut General Statutes 42a-4-104
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- customer: means a person having an account with a bank or for whom a bank has agreed to collect items, including a bank that maintains an account at another bank. See Connecticut General Statutes 42a-4-104
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- documentary draft: means a draft to be presented for acceptance or payment if specified documents, certificated securities, as defined in §. See Connecticut General Statutes 42a-4-104
- draft: means a draft as defined in §. See Connecticut General Statutes 42a-4-104
- drawee: means a person ordered in a draft to make payment. See Connecticut General Statutes 42a-4-104
- item: means an instrument or a promise or order to pay money handled by a bank for collection or payment. See Connecticut General Statutes 42a-4-104
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.