The following words, terms and phrases, when used in this chapter shall have the meanings ascribed to them under this section, except where the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) ”Accredited veterinary medicine school” shall mean any veterinary college or division of a university or college that offers the degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or its equivalent and that conforms to the standards required for accreditation by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
(2) ”Animal” shall mean any animal other than man or woman, and includes fowl, birds, fish and reptiles, wild or domestic, living or dead.
(3) ”Board” shall mean the State Board of Veterinary Medicine established in this chapter.
(4) ”Division” shall mean the state Division of Professional Regulation.
(5) ”Practice of veterinary medicine” shall mean:
a. To diagnose, prognose, treat, correct, change, relieve or prevent animal disease, deformity, defect, injury or other physical or mental conditions, including the prescription or administration of any drug, medicine, biologic, apparatus, application, anesthetic or other therapeutic or diagnostic substance or technique, for testing for pregnancy or for correcting sterility or infertility, or to render advice or recommendation with regard to any of the above;
b. To represent directly or indirectly, publicly or privately, an ability and willingness to do any act described in paragraph (5)a. of this section;
c. To use any title, words, abbreviation or letters in a manner or under circumstances, which induce the belief that the person using them is qualified to do any act, described in paragraph (5)a. of this section, except where such person is a veterinarian.
(6) ”State” shall mean the State of Delaware.
(7) ”Substantially related” means the nature of the criminal conduct, for which the person was convicted, has a direct bearing on the fitness or ability to perform 1 or more of the duties or responsibilities necessarily related to the practice of veterinary medicine.
(8) ”Veterinarian” shall mean a person who has received a degree in veterinary medicine from a school of veterinary medicine.
(9) ”Veterinary medicine” shall include veterinary surgery, obstetrics, dentistry and all other branches or specialties of veterinary medicine.
(10) ”Veterinary technician” shall mean a person who has received a degree from a veterinary technician program or its equivalent.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3302
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307