As used in this chapter:
(1) ”Hotel” means any person engaged in the business of operating a place where the public may, for a consideration, obtain sleeping accommodations and meals and which has at least 6 permanent bedrooms for the use of guests, excluding, however, any charitable, educational or religious institution, summer camp for children, hospital or nursing home.
(2) ”Motel” means any person engaged in the business of furnishing, for a consideration, transient guests with sleeping accommodations, bath and toilet facilities, linen service and a place to park an automobile.
(3) ”Occupancy” means the use or possession or the right to the use or possession by any person other than a permanent resident of any room or rooms in a hotel, motel or tourist home for any purpose or the right to the use or possession of the furnishings or to the services and accommodations accompanying the use and possession of the room or rooms.
(4) ”Occupant” means any person other than a permanent resident who for a consideration, uses, possesses or has a right to use or possess any room or rooms in a hotel, motel or tourist home under any lease, concession, permit, right of access, license or agreement.
(5) ”Operator” means any person operating a hotel, motel or tourist home.
(6) ”Permanent resident” means any occupant who has occupied or has the right to occupancy of any room or rooms in a hotel, motel or tourist home for at least 5 consecutive months.
(7) ”Rent” means the consideration received for occupancy valued in money, whether received in money or otherwise, including all receipts, cash credits and property or services of any kind or nature and also any amount for which the occupant is liable for the occupancy without any deduction therefrom whatsoever.
(8) ”Tourist home” means any person who operates a place where tourists or transient guests, for a consideration, may obtain sleeping accommodations and which has at least 5 permanent bedrooms for the use of tourists or transient guests, but which does not have cooking facilities for the use of tourists or transient guests.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 30 Sec. 6101
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Person: means and includes an individual, a trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation. See Delaware Code Title 30 Sec. 502