(1) A lease, although subject to this Article, is also subject to any applicable:
(a) Certificate of title statute of this State;
(b) Certificate of title statute of another jurisdiction (Section 2A-105); or
(c) Consumer protection statute of this State, or final consumer protection decision of a court of this State existing on July 19, 1992.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 2A-104
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: means a transfer of the right to possession and use of goods for a term in return for consideration, but a sale, including a sale on approval or a sale or return, or retention or creation of a security interest is not a lease. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 2A-103
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(2) In case of conflict between this Article, other than Sections 2A-105, 2A-304(3) and 2A-305(3), and a statute or decision referred to in subsection (1), the statute or decision controls.
(3) Failure to comply with an applicable law has only the effect specified therein.