Florida Regulations > Division 9J – Division of Community Planning
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|Chapter 9J-28||Rules of Procedure and Practice Pertaining to Florida Quality Developments|
|Chapter 9J-35||Local Government Comprehensive Planning Certification Program|
Terms Used In Florida Regulations > Division 9J - Division of Community Planning
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.