Terms Used In Florida Statutes 288.017
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the Department of Economic Opportunity. See Florida Statutes 288.005
(1) Enterprise Florida, Inc., is authorized to establish a cooperative advertising matching grants program and, pursuant thereto, to make expenditures and enter into contracts with local governments and nonprofit corporations for the purpose of publicizing the tourism advantages of the state. The department, based on recommendations from Enterprise Florida, Inc., shall have final approval of grants awarded through this program. Enterprise Florida, Inc., may contract with its direct-support organization to administer the program.
(2) The total annual allocation of funds for this grant program may not exceed $40,000. Each grant awarded under the program shall be limited to no more than $2,500 and shall be matched by nonstate dollars. All grants shall be restricted to local governments and nonprofit corporations serving and located in municipalities having a population of 50,000 persons or less or in counties with an unincorporated area having a population of 200,000 persons or less.
(3) Enterprise Florida, Inc., shall conduct an annual competitive selection process for the award of grants under the program. In determining its recommendations for the grant awards, the commission shall consider the demonstrated need of the applicant for advertising assistance, the feasibility and projected benefit of the applicant’s proposal, the amount of nonstate funds that will be leveraged, and such other criteria as the commission deems appropriate. In evaluating grant applications, the department shall consider recommendations from Enterprise Florida, Inc. The department, however, has final approval authority for any grant under this section.