Terms Used In Florida Statutes 377.803
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
As used in ss. 377.801–377.804, the term:
(1) “Act” means the Florida Energy and Climate Protection Act.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(3) “Person” means an individual, partnership, joint venture, private or public corporation, association, firm, public service company, or any other public or private entity.
(4) “Renewable energy” means electrical, mechanical, or thermal energy produced from a method that uses one or more of the following fuels or energy sources: hydrogen, biomass, as defined in s. 366.91, solar energy, geothermal energy, wind energy, ocean energy, waste heat, or hydroelectric power.
(5) “Renewable energy technology” means any technology that generates or utilizes a renewable energy resource.