|§ 2904||National Climate Program|
|§ 2906||Annual report|
|§ 2907||Contract and grant authority; records and audits|
|§ 2908||Authorization of appropriations|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 15 > Chapter 56
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Board: means the Climate Program Policy Board. See 42 USC 290bb–25f
- county: includes a parish, or any other equivalent subdivision of a State or Territory of the United States. See 19 USC 2292
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage loan: A loan made by a lender to a borrower for the financing of real property. Source: OCC
- Office: means the National Climate Program Office. See 42 USC 290bb–25f
- possession: includes , among other possessions, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. See 42 USC 201
- Probate: Proving a will
- Program: means the National Climate Program. See 42 USC 290bb–25f
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Commerce. See 42 USC 290bb–25f
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Health and Human Services. See 42 USC 201
- Service: means the Public Health Service. See 42 USC 201
- State: includes , in addition to the several States, only the District of Columbia, Guam, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands. See 42 USC 201
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Subpoena duces tecum: A command to a witness to produce documents.
- Surgeon General: means the Surgeon General of the Public Health Service. See 42 USC 201