|§ 2904||National Climate Program|
|§ 2906||Annual report|
|§ 2907||Contract and grant authority; records and audits|
|§ 2908||Authorization of appropriations|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 15 > Chapter 56 - National Climate Program
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Board: means the Climate Program Policy Board. See 15 USC 2903
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Office: means the National Climate Program Office. See 15 USC 2903
- Oral argument: An opportunity for lawyers to summarize their position before the court and also to answer the judges' questions.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Program: means the National Climate Program. See 15 USC 2903
- Public debt: Cumulative amounts borrowed by the Treasury Department or the Federal Financing Bank from the public or from another fund or account. The public debt does not include agency debt (amounts borrowed by other agencies of the Federal Government). The total public debt is subject to a statutory limit.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Commerce. See 15 USC 2903
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- subscription: includes a mark when the person making the same intended it as such. See 1 USC 1
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.