Terms Used In Florida Statutes 456.035
- Board: means any board or commission, or other statutorily created entity to the extent such entity is authorized to exercise regulatory or rulemaking functions, within the department, except that, for ss. See Florida Statutes 456.001
- Department: means the Department of Health. See Florida Statutes 456.001
- Licensee: means any person or entity issued a permit, registration, certificate, or license, including a provisional license, by the department. See Florida Statutes 456.001
- writing: includes handwriting, printing, typewriting, and all other methods and means of forming letters and characters upon paper, stone, wood, or other materials. See Florida Statutes 1.01
(1) Each licensee of the department is solely responsible for notifying the department in writing of the licensee’s current mailing address and place of practice, as defined by rule of the board or the department if there is no board. Electronic notification shall be allowed by the department; however, it shall be the responsibility of the licensee to ensure that the electronic notification was received by the department. A licensee’s failure to notify the department of a change of address constitutes a violation of this section, and the licensee may be disciplined by the board or the department if there is no board.
(2) Notwithstanding any other law, service by regular mail to a licensee’s last known address of record with the department constitutes adequate and sufficient notice to the licensee for any official communication to the licensee by the board or the department except when other service is required under s. 456.076.