Terms Used In Florida Statutes 468.84
- Department: means the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. See Florida Statutes 468.8411
- Mold: means an organism of the class fungi that causes disintegration of organic matter and produces spores, and includes any spores, hyphae, and mycotoxins produced by mold. See Florida Statutes 468.8411
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
(1) There is created within the department the mold-related services licensing program.
(2) The Legislature finds it necessary in the interest of the public safety and welfare, to prevent damage to real and personal property, to avert economic injury to the residents of this state, and to regulate persons and companies that hold themselves out to the public as qualified to perform mold-related services.