Terms Used In Florida Statutes 483.807
- Board: means the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel. See Florida Statutes 483.803
- Clinical laboratory personnel: includes a clinical laboratory director, supervisor, technologist, blood gas analyst, or technician who performs or is responsible for laboratory test procedures, but the term does not include trainees, persons who perform screening for blood banks or plasmapheresis centers, phlebotomists, or persons employed by a clinical laboratory to perform manual pretesting duties or clerical, personnel, or other administrative responsibilities. See Florida Statutes 483.803
- Department: means the Department of Health. See Florida Statutes 483.803
(1) The board, by rule, shall establish fees to be paid for application, examination, reexamination, licensing and renewal, registration, laboratory training program application, reinstatement, and recordmaking and recordkeeping. The board may also establish, by rule, a delinquency fee. The board shall establish fees that are adequate to ensure the continued operation of the board and to fund the proportionate expenses incurred by the department in carrying out its licensure and other related responsibilities under this part. Fees shall be based on departmental estimates of the revenue required to implement this part and the provisions of law with respect to the regulation of clinical laboratory personnel.
(2) The nonrefundable application fee may not exceed $200.
(3) The examination fee shall be in an amount which covers the costs of obtaining and administering the examination and shall be refunded if the applicant is found ineligible to sit for the examination. The combined fees for initial application and examination may not exceed $200 plus the actual per applicant cost to the department for developing, administering, or procuring the licensure examination.
(4) The initial license fee may not exceed $100.
(5) The fee for licensure by endorsement may not exceed $100.
(6) The biennial renewal fee may not exceed $150.
(7) The fee for application for an inactive status license or for reactivation of an inactive status license may not exceed $50.
(8) The initial application fee for registration of a trainee shall not exceed $20.
(9) The initial application and renewal fee for approval as a laboratory training program may not exceed $300. The fee for late filing of a renewal application shall be $50.
(10) All fees shall be established, collected, and deposited in accordance with s. 456.025.