Terms Used In Florida Statutes 483.817
- Board: means the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel. See Florida Statutes 483.803
- Clinical laboratory personnel: includes a clinical laboratory director, supervisor, technologist, blood gas analyst, or technician who performs or is responsible for laboratory test procedures, but the term does not include trainees, persons who perform screening for blood banks or plasmapheresis centers, phlebotomists, or persons employed by a clinical laboratory to perform manual pretesting duties or clerical, personnel, or other administrative responsibilities. See Florida Statutes 483.803
- Department: means the Department of Health. See Florida Statutes 483.803
(1) The department shall renew a license upon receipt of a renewal application and fee and upon certification by the board that the licensee has demonstrated her or his competence.
(2) The board shall adopt rules establishing a procedure for the biennial renewal of clinical laboratory personnel licenses.