Terms Used In Florida Statutes 483.823
- Board: means the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel. See Florida Statutes 483.803
- Clinical laboratory personnel: includes a clinical laboratory director, supervisor, technologist, blood gas analyst, or technician who performs or is responsible for laboratory test procedures, but the term does not include trainees, persons who perform screening for blood banks or plasmapheresis centers, phlebotomists, or persons employed by a clinical laboratory to perform manual pretesting duties or clerical, personnel, or other administrative responsibilities. See Florida Statutes 483.803
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
(1) The board shall prescribe minimal qualifications for clinical laboratory personnel and shall issue a license to any person who meets the minimum qualifications and who demonstrates that she or he possesses the character, training, and ability to qualify in those areas for which the license is sought.
(2) Personnel qualifications may require appropriate education, training, or experience or the passing of an examination in appropriate subjects or any combination of these, but a practitioner of the healing arts licensed to practice in this state is not required to obtain any license or to pay any fee under this part.