(1) Each of the following acts constitutes a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084:
(a) Practicing as clinical laboratory personnel without an active license.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 483.828
- Clinical laboratory: means the physical location in which one or more of the following services are performed to provide information or materials for use in the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of a disease or the identification or assessment of a medical or physical condition:(a) Clinical laboratory services, which entail the examination of fluids or other materials taken from the human body. See Florida Statutes 483.803
- Clinical laboratory personnel: includes a clinical laboratory director, supervisor, technologist, blood gas analyst, or technician who performs or is responsible for laboratory test procedures, but the term does not include trainees, persons who perform screening for blood banks or plasmapheresis centers, phlebotomists, or persons employed by a clinical laboratory to perform manual pretesting duties or clerical, personnel, or other administrative responsibilities. See Florida Statutes 483.803
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- oath: includes affirmations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.(b) Using or attempting to use a license to practice as clinical laboratory personnel which is suspended or revoked.(c) Attempting to obtain or obtaining a license to practice as clinical laboratory personnel by knowing misrepresentation.
(2) Each of the following acts constitutes a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083:
(a) Knowingly concealing information relating to violations of this part.
(b) Making any willfully false oath or affirmation whenever an oath or affirmation is required by this part.
(c) Leading the public to believe that one is licensed as clinical laboratory personnel, or is engaged in licensed practice as clinical laboratory personnel, without holding a valid, active license.