(1) A person may not:
(a) Operate a boiler at a public assembly location without a valid certificate of operation for that boiler;
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 554.114
- Authorized inspection agency: means :(a) Any county, municipality, town, or other governmental subdivision that has adopted into law the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code of the A. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- boiler: includes fired units for heating or vaporizing liquids other than water where these units are separate from processing systems and are complete within themselves. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- Boiler insurance company: means a company authorized by a subsisting certificate of authority, issued by the Office of Insurance Regulation, to transact boiler and machinery insurance in this state. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- Certificate of competency: means a document issued to a person who has satisfied the minimum competency requirements for boiler inspectors under this chapter. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- Certificate of operation: means a document issued to the owner of a boiler which authorizes the owner to operate the boiler, subject to any restrictions endorsed thereon. See Florida Statutes 626.9511
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.(b) Use a certificate of operation for any boiler other than for the boiler for which it was issued;(c) Operate a boiler for which the certificate of operation has been suspended, revoked, or not renewed; or(d) Inspect any boiler regulated under this chapter without having a valid certificate of competency.
(2) A boiler insurance company that fails to inspect or to have inspected, in accordance with this chapter, any boiler insured by the company and regulated under this chapter is subject to the penalties provided in subsection (4), unless the failure to inspect was the result of an owner’s or operator’s failure to provide reasonable access to the boiler.
(3) An authorized inspection agency that is under contract with a boiler insurance company and that fails to inspect, in accordance with this chapter, any boiler insured by the company and regulated under this chapter is subject to the penalties provided in subsection (4), unless the failure to inspect was the result of an owner’s or operator’s failure to provide reasonable access to the boiler.
(4) A boiler insurance company, authorized inspection agency, or other person in violation of this section for more than 30 days shall pay a fine of $10 per day for the first 10 days of noncompliance, $50 per day for the subsequent 20 days of noncompliance, and $100 per day for each subsequent day over 20 days of noncompliance.