(1) For the purpose of carrying out the provisions and requirements of this chapter, and all rules made pursuant thereto, the department, through its duly authorized employees, is empowered to enter upon any grounds or premises in this state to:
(a) Inspect, test, dip, identify, treat, destroy, quarantine, disinfect, or conduct such other required procedures as are contemplated by this chapter;
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 585.003
- animal: as used in this chapter , shall include wild or game animals whenever necessary to effectively control or eradicate dangerous transmissible diseases or pests which threaten the agricultural interests of the state. See Florida Statutes 585.01
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Quarantine: means a strict isolation imposed on animals, or premises or other defined geographic areas, to prevent the spread of disease or pests. See Florida Statutes 585.01
(b) Examine any records or documents which facilitate efforts to determine locations where an animal may have been during the previous 120 days for the purpose of animal disease control eradication programs over which any authority is conferred by law upon the department; or
(c) Carry out any other provisions of this chapter.
(2) After reasonable notice from the department or the department’s representative, owners or agents having jurisdiction over animals shall present them for such procedures as contemplated by this chapter in accordance with the directions of the department’s representative.