Terms Used In Florida Statutes 797.03
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
(1) It is unlawful for any person to perform or assist in performing an abortion on a person, except in an emergency care situation, other than in a validly licensed hospital or abortion clinic or in a physician’s office.
(2) It is unlawful for any person or public body to establish, conduct, manage, or operate an abortion clinic without a valid current license.
(3) It is unlawful for any person to perform or assist in performing an abortion on a person during viability or in the third trimester other than in a hospital.