|§ 194.301||Challenge to ad valorem tax assessment|
|§ 194.3015||Burden of proof|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 194 > Part III
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Candidate: means a person to whom any of the following applies:(a) A person who seeks to qualify for nomination or election by means of the petitioning process. See Florida Statutes 106.011
- Case law: The law as laid down in cases that have been decided in the decisions of the courts.
- Contribution: means :(a) A gift, subscription, conveyance, deposit, loan, payment, or distribution of money or anything of value, including contributions in kind having an attributable monetary value in any form, made for the purpose of influencing the results of an election or making an electioneering communication. See Florida Statutes 106.011
- Electioneering communication: means communication that is publicly distributed by a television station, radio station, cable television system, satellite system, newspaper, magazine, direct mail, or telephone and that:1. See Florida Statutes 106.011
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Expenditure: means a purchase, payment, distribution, loan, advance, transfer of funds by a campaign treasurer or deputy campaign treasurer between a primary depository and a separate interest-bearing account or certificate of deposit, or gift of money or anything of value made for the purpose of influencing the results of an election or making an electioneering communication. See Florida Statutes 106.011
- Independent expenditure: means an expenditure by a person for the purpose of expressly advocating the election or defeat of a candidate or the approval or rejection of an issue, which expenditure is not controlled by, coordinated with, or made upon consultation with, any candidate, political committee, or agent of such candidate or committee. See Florida Statutes 106.011
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means an individual or a corporation, association, firm, partnership, joint venture, joint stock company, club, organization, estate, trust, business trust, syndicate, or other combination of individuals having collective capacity. See Florida Statutes 106.011
- Political advertisement: means a paid expression in a communications medium prescribed in subsection (4), whether radio, television, newspaper, magazine, periodical, campaign literature, direct mail, or display or by means other than the spoken word in direct conversation, which expressly advocates the election or defeat of a candidate or the approval or rejection of an issue. See Florida Statutes 106.011
- Remand: When an appellate court sends a case back to a lower court for further proceedings.