|§ 708.05||Husband not liable for antenuptial debts of wife|
|§ 708.08||Married women’s rights; separate property.|
|§ 708.09||Married women’s rights; agreements with husband, power of attorney, etc.|
|§ 708.10||Married women’s rights; construction of law.|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 708
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Donee: The recipient of a gift.
- Dower: A widow
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.