|§ 708.05||Husband not liable for antenuptial debts of wife|
|§ 708.08||Married women’s rights; separate property.|
|§ 708.09||Married women’s rights; agreements with husband, power of attorney, etc.|
|§ 708.10||Married women’s rights; construction of law.|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 708
- Agent: means a person granted authority to act for a principal under a power of attorney, whether denominated an agent, attorney in fact, or otherwise. See Florida Statutes 709.2102
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dower: A widow
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Power of attorney: means a writing that grants authority to an agent to act in the place of the principal, whether or not the term is used in that writing. See Florida Statutes 709.2102
- Principal: means an individual who grants authority to an agent in a power of attorney. See Florida Statutes 709.2102
- Property: means anything that may be the subject of ownership, whether real or personal, legal or equitable, or any interest or right therein. See Florida Statutes 709.2102
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form. See Florida Statutes 709.2102
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Third person: means any person other than the principal, or the agent in the agent's capacity as agent. See Florida Statutes 709.2102
- writing: includes handwriting, printing, typewriting, and all other methods and means of forming letters and characters upon paper, stone, wood, or other materials. See Florida Statutes 88.6011