[ 342G-64] Administration of the environmental management special fund. (a) The department may adopt rules to administer the environmental management special fund. During the interim period until such rules are established, the department may distribute funding to the counties or the department of business, economic development, and tourism in the form of a contractual agreement pursuant to section 103-22.
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 342G-64
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- county: includes the city and county of Honolulu. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-22
- Department: means the department of health. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342G-1
- Environmental management special fund: means the fund created by section 342G-63. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342G-1
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Office: means the office of solid waste management in the department of health. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342G-1
(b) The office shall not award any grant or contract under this section to any county that has failed to comply with the conditions set forth in this part and any rules adopted pursuant thereto.
(c) Unexpended or unencumbered grant funds shall revert to the environmental management special fund at the end of the fiscal year following the year in which the funds were granted.