441-22.6 Mortuary, cemetery, or pre-need funeral authority: price list to be furnished. (a) Each mortuary, cemetery, or pre-need funeral authority shall provide to every prospective purchaser, for written approval, a current price list, which shall contain separately stated prices for each type of property, service, or item which is a part of the cemetery property, interment, or funeral services and related commodities which the mortuary, cemetery, or pre-need funeral authority offers, including the price for services directly related to the transfer of ownership rights. Pursuant to section 441-22.7, no further additional charges or fees shall be added to the price list for perpetual care subsequent to the execution of the contract for any purpose and on any occasion.
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 441-22.6
- Cemetery: means any property, or part interest therein, dedicated to and used or intended to be used for the permanent interment of human remains. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 441-1
- Cemetery property: means any property, or part or interest therein, dedicated to, used or intended to be used for, the permanent interment of human remains. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 441-1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Director: means the director of the department of commerce and consumer affairs. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 441-1
- Funeral services: means arranging for or providing for pick up of human remains, embalming, placing the same on display, or otherwise providing for final disposition of human remains. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 441-1
- Interment: means the disposition of human remains by cremation and inurnment, entombment, or burial in a place used, or intended to be used, and dedicated for cemetery purposes. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 441-1
- Pre-need funeral authority: means any person who is engaged in the business of selling pre-need funeral services, or holds money in trust to provide for future funeral services; provided that this shall not apply to the designated trustee of the funds. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 441-1
(b) The mortuary, cemetery, or pre-need funeral authority may use the format for a price list as established by the rules adopted by the director.