|General Provisions||689.015 – 689.145|
|Funeral Services||689.150 – 689.375|
|Burial and Cemetery Services||689.450 – 689.595|
|Miscellaneous Provisions||689.700 – 689.730|
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 689 - Funeral and Burial Services
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the Department of Motor Vehicles. See Nevada Revised Statutes 481.015
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.